Sunday, October 28, 2012

My Transformation story

 
Here it goes. I finally decided to tell my transformation story.
 
Living in the Midwest, it’s not easy to fit into society as a “fitness freak.” People seem all too comfortable with a tall boy in hand paired with fast food for dinner which appears to be a totally normal way to live. I on the other hand, lead a fitness LIFESTYLE as a certified personal trainer, a bikini competitor, && a ring girl in the lovely Midwest. I started my journey to a fit lifestyle back in 2009. I graduated high school in 2008 weighing a measly 105 lbs (shown below).
 
 
I was nothing but….skinny. I had nothing to me. Wearing size 0 jeans that hung from my hips, I felt especially unattractive. Well then college hit, and that meant getting my own place and making my own rules! That included, partying every night, eating one huge unhealthy meal a day, and finding every excuse to not live an active lifestyle. I guess you could say that I got caught up in life. I didn’t even realize that I had gained so much weight until one day someone mentioned that I was “thick.” That word got the best of me. I stepped on a scale and that was all I needed. It read 140 pounds. I was devastated.
(went from 105 lbs to 140 lbs ^ )
 
 I decided to eat clean and live an active lifestyle from that day forward.  It was a long, hard, SLOW process. But I knew that it was important for me to get HEALTHY. I worked out 4-6 times a week, stopped drinking so much (emtpy calories!!), and started my reasearch on food. I taught myself how to properly FUEL my body with the right foods.
 && Here I am now, 120 pounds of LEAN MUSCLE.
 
 
My personal transformation has helped me understand that fitness goals are achievable, and it makes me want to educate and help others reach their fitness goals. Diets are too often used as “fads” for a temporary goal and temporary results. I live by the motto that --->  fitness is a LIFESTYLE.
if you want me to help guide you in the right direction, just ask :)

No comments:

Post a Comment